We've been stalling on our first post of 2016, as we wanted to kick off the year with this bobby-dazzler of a photo-shoot with pet photographer Rachel Oates, taken for the latest issue of Dog Friendly Magazine.
Our setting was Seven Dials, a truly gorgeous area tucked between Covent Garden and Soho – and one of our all time favourite shopping and hangout spots. Dog Friendly asked if we’d be kind enough to visit Bow Wow London, the award-winning dog shop to see what all the fuss was about, as well as sniffing out some of their dog-friendly neighbours.
For anyone thinking that a day out in London with your dog in central London equals hell, scroll on and you’ll see that a trip to Seven Dials in anything but!
BOUTIQUES & SALONS
- Bow Wow London for toys, treats, beds, collars, leads, grooming buys and as shown on Basil – a rucksack harnesses, Union Jack Sweater and doggy Squirrel costumes (I always though he was a bit nuts)
- Space NK for premium furcare product Malin + Goetz Dog Shampoo (and the dog is allowed inside too)
- Tatty Devine where you can pick up crazy dog lady gifts and more like this Dogs on Wheels necklace as seen on Basil
- Sassoon for a hair consultation – dogs are actually allowed in with their owners at the Seven Dials branch
EATS, DRINKS AND MORE
- Neal’s Yard Dairies where dog-loving store manager Rick is more than happy to treat your dog to some cheesy titbits
- Monmouth Coffee Company for delicious gourmet coffee
- Pix Pintxos for Tasty Tapas including their lick-smackingly good Manchego & Chorizo bites
- Polpo at Ape & Bird for drinks, nibbles, dinner and super dog-friendliness
For more info on Seven Dials including new openings, pop ups, cool events and the area’s history, visit Sevendials.co.uk. The BIGGEST SHOUT OUT goes out to Rachel of Rachel Oates Pet Photography and dog mamma to our no. 1 Corgi Crush Winston of @winnythecorgi Instagram fame. Lovely Rachel (she really is) creates a fun and relaxing dog photo-shoot at your home or outdoor area of your choice to capture your furry best friend’s unique character. Commissions are mainly London based but Rachel will travel further afield upon request. If you’d like more details, visit Racheloatespetphotography.com.
Our full Doggy Day Out in Seven Dials features in the latest issue of Dog Friendly magazine (issue 34). To purchase visit Dogfriendlybooks.com.